Update: Delays earlier on A14 after collision between Copdock and Wherstead
- Credit: Archant
One lane was closed eastbound on the A14 after a road traffic collision.
Traffic was queuing between Junction 55 on the A1214 and on Junction 56 on the A137.
Two Peugeots collided at around 8am this morning, with one vehicle leaving the carriageway and going into a bank of land.
The car that left the road then caught fire.
The fire service were called, and two engines went to the scene.
An ambulance spokesman said: “We treated a man in his 30s, luckily he was out of the car before it set on fire.
“He suffered a back injury and was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further assessment.”
- 1 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 2 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 6 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 7 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 8 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 9 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 10 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month