Update: Disruption on roads and railways caused by high winds and debris
Rail services travelling through Darsham are currently suspended due to a tree blocking the line, while trains into Colchester Town are suspended due to debris.
A Network Rail team is working to assess the situation and remove the tree at Darsham.
It is not yet know how much disruption the fallen tree will cause, but services are likely to be affected until at least 4pm.
Passengers are advised to use a rail shuttle from Ipswich to Saxmundham or divert using services between Ipswich and Lowestoft.
However these services are also being affected by a fallen treee.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier the 12.28 service from Felixstowe, due to arrive in Ipswich at 12.54, was held at Derby Road while Network Rail cleared the obstacle.
Workers cleared the line quickly, though the return service was cancelled.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
Trains in and out of Colchester Town station are cancelled due to plastic being caught in the overhead wires.
Services between the station and Colchester North have been cancelled, while through services from Tendring due to call at Colchester Town will now skip the station.
Train operator Abellio Greater Anglia apologised for the inconvenience caused.
There were also reports that the B1124 Beccles Road in Holton was blocked by fallen tree, along with Halstead Road in Colchester at the junction with Mellor Close.