Update: Fault causes electricity cables to spark in Long Melford
FIRE crews have been working with police and UK Power Networks after a fault caused overhead electricity cables to spark.
The incident happened at just before 2pm in the High Street near to Hall Street, Long Melford.
One appliance from Long Melford was mobilised and arrived at the scene at just after 2.05pm.
The crew kept the scene safe and worked together with the police and the power company to ensure public safety.
The crew returned to their station by 2.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for UK Power Networks said: “The power supply to one customer was interrupted and a further number of customers would have seen a brief interruption to their supplies of less than a minute when the initial fault occurred.
“However in order for our engineers to safely repair the fault, power will have to be isolated to some customers later today.
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 7 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
“We would like to reassure those customers that we will work as quickly as is safely possible to restore their supplies to normal and apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused.”