Update: Fire crews rescue man from McDonalds straw dispenser
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to deal with an unusual emergency at an Ipswich fast food restaurant - after a man became partially trapped in a straw dispenser.
The incident happened at 7.15pm last night at McDonalds in Hening Avenue, on the Ravenswood development.
According to a McDonalds spokesman, the man - who was with his children - attempted to remove straws from an opening at the rear of the dispenser which is commonly used by staff to refill it.
He became trapped, so firefighters were called and they had to dismantle the dispenser to release him.
The man was said to be embarrassed but unhurt.
One fire crew was sent from Ipswich and the male was freed within 20 minutes.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking