Update: Fire crews rescue man from McDonalds straw dispenser
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to deal with an unusual emergency at an Ipswich fast food restaurant - after a man became partially trapped in a straw dispenser.
The incident happened at 7.15pm last night at McDonalds in Hening Avenue, on the Ravenswood development.
According to a McDonalds spokesman, the man - who was with his children - attempted to remove straws from an opening at the rear of the dispenser which is commonly used by staff to refill it.
He became trapped, so firefighters were called and they had to dismantle the dispenser to release him.
The man was said to be embarrassed but unhurt.
One fire crew was sent from Ipswich and the male was freed within 20 minutes.
- 1 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
- 7 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Town loanee Kenlock scores first professional goal on Colchester debut