Update: Fire crews rescue man from McDonalds straw dispenser
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to deal with an unusual emergency at an Ipswich fast food restaurant - after a man became partially trapped in a straw dispenser.
The incident happened at 7.15pm last night at McDonalds in Hening Avenue, on the Ravenswood development.
According to a McDonalds spokesman, the man - who was with his children - attempted to remove straws from an opening at the rear of the dispenser which is commonly used by staff to refill it.
He became trapped, so firefighters were called and they had to dismantle the dispenser to release him.
The man was said to be embarrassed but unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
One fire crew was sent from Ipswich and the male was freed within 20 minutes.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast