Update: Fire crews tackle blaze at Muntons factory in Stowmarket
CREWS have put out a fire at a malt factory in Stowmarket.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to an automatic fire alarm at Muntons in Needham Road just before 2.20pm.
Initially one crew was mobilised to the scene and found the ground floor was slightly smoke logged.
The crew called for four additional crews and investigated the upper floors while isolating the electrics.
Manufacturing and technical director Nigel Davies said the fire was in a disused warehouse and no one had been hurt in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He said all 200 on-site staff had to be evacuated as a precaution.
Dr Davies said he believed an electrical spark had caused a beam in the roof to smoulder.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 10 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting