Update: Firefighters tackle chimney blazes across Suffolk
FIRE crews have extinguished three separate chimney fires which broke out this afternoon.
The first call came in at 2.20pm to a chimney on fire in Stonham Road, Cotton.
One crew was sent to the scene and requested the turntable ladder to tackle the flames as the chimney was well alight.
Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera and small gear to locate the fire and extinguish the flames by 4.10pm.
The second fire happened in Westhorpe Road, Finningham, at just before 3.15pm and crews used a stirrup pump to fight the fire which was extinguished by 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
The third chimney fire was at New Road, Rougham, where one crew was sent to the scene at 4.15pm.
Crews used ladders, jets and a thermal imaging camera before the fire was extinguished by 5pm.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown