Update: Firefighters tackle thatched roof blaze in Heveningham
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS are dealing with the aftermath of a blaze in a thatched roof of a house.
The drama unfolded in The Street, Heveningham, near Halesworth, around 10.50am.
When crews arrived they found a semi detached property with a roof fire breaking through the chimney.
Firefighters from Halesworth, Framlingham, Saxmundham, Leiston, Bury St Edmunds, Beccles, Bungay and Southwold and Harleston in Norfolk are in attendance.
The blaze spread to a neighbouring property and crews were stripping the thatch to prevent the blaze from taking hold further before the incident was under control at 1.22pm.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters are trying to salvage as much property as possible from the homes.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder