Update: Hadleigh Road now clear following crash between van and minibus
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have cut free a man trapped in a van which had collided with a minibus in Ipswich.
Ambulance and police crews were initially sent to the scene of the crash in Hadleigh Road, just outside the Sue Ryder care home, at 4.50pm.
A force spokeswoman said the crash caused the road to become blocked.
Fire crews arrived at around 5.10pm to begin freeing the male driver of the white van.
Police said a white minibus, which was from Sue Ryder, was also involved.
You may also want to watch:
The man was rescued from the van by around 5.50pm and placed in the care of the ambulance crew.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said the man was taken to Ipswich Hospital with injuries which were not believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 5 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
She said there had been no reports on anyone else injured.