Update: Hollesley Bay Prison absconder
- Credit: Archant
Police believe that a man who absconded from a Suffolk prison and was thought to have been in Clacton has now moved into west Essex.
Gary Edwards left Hollesley Bay during the morning of Friday, February 14. He was serving a sentence for aggravated burglary.
The 31-year-old had been present at the 9am roll-call, but was not present for the midday event.
Essex Police are assisting their counterparts from Suffolk in trying to locate the whereabouts of Gary Edwards. Their enquiries in Clacton now suggest that he is with friends and family in Harlow.
He is described as white, 5ft 8ins tall, of medium build and has short, brown hair and wears spectacles. He should not be approached.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information on Gary Edwards’ whereabouts should call Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook