Update: Hollesley Bay prisoner recaptured
- Credit: Contributed
One of two men who absconded from Hollesley Bay prison earlier this week has been recaptured in Essex last night.
Police in Suffolk were contacted just after 9pm by their colleagues in Essex who reported Jonathan Ewing, 44, had been recaptured and taken into custody at Colchester police station.
Ewing, who will now be returned to the prison system, absconded from Hollesley Bay overnight Sunday 8 - Monday 9 September at the same time as Paul Devereux.
Enquiries to trace Devereux, 42, who was serving a life sentence for robbery with an imitation firearm, continue this evening.
He is described as white, around 5ft 9ins tall, of stocky build, with short brown hair, brown eyes and several tattoos including a snake/dagger design on his forearm.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to ask anyone who may have seen Devereux or anyone with information about where he is now to contact officers. The public has been warned not approach him or take any further action.
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk Police or their nearest police station using the national police number 101.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan