Update: Husband and wife injured in crash on A140 in Needham Market-bound
- Credit: Su Anderson
An “elderly” woman has been injured after the car she was in collided with a lorry on the A140.
Police had closed the road after being called at around 10.50am to the crash by the junction for Coddenham.
A force spokeswoman said the woman had suffered “non life-threatening” injuries, with her husband’s condition less serious. He was described as “walking wounded”.
She said: “The ambulance was called which asked for police assistance. The road was blocked and one female victim was trapped on the south-bound approach to the A14 junction.
“The woman is an elderly female. Recovery is required for the vehicles with full closure of the road southbound put in place.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were also called to the accident which is causing delays.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We were called at 10.44am dispatching two ambulances and a paramedic officer to a collision between a car and a lorry.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
“The couple in the car were in their 70s, the lady driver suffered a suspected ankle fracture along with a neck injury, the man had a minor head injury. Both were taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.
“The lorry driver was also assessed, he was shaken but fine.”
The road was reopened at about 12.15pm.