Update: Injuries of cyclist in hospital after Kesgrave crash ‘not as serious as first thought’ - police
- Credit: Archant
A male cyclist taken to hospital following a collision with a car in Kesgrave suffered injuries “not as serious as first thought”, police have said.
Emergency crews were called to Foxhall Road, at the junction with Bell Lane, at around 5pm today after reports emerged of the two-vehicle accident.
The man was taken to Ipswich Hospital after sustaining leg and head injuries not believed to be life-threatening, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
“The injuries are not as serious as first thought,” he said.
However he added the cyclist was reportedly not wearing a helmet at the time of the incident.
No other injuries were reported at the scene.
The car involved in the incident was a grey Renault Scenic. The force spokesman confirmed officers spoke to the driver and said it is believed no further action was taken.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
The road closed for around hour before reopening at 5pm.