Update: Ipswich man killed in Helmingham motorbike crash
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Police have issued an appeal for witnesses this morning following a fatal accident in Helmingham last night.
The emergency services were called at about 7pm with a report that a Suzuki motorcycle had crashed into a tree along Otley Road.
A volunteer doctor from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service charity (SARS) assisted paramedics at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “The rider of the motorcycle, a 28-year-old man from Ipswich, was taken to Ipswich Hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.
“The road was closed whilst officers carried out an accident investigation at the scene. The road reopened at 1.45am this morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Police are appealing for witnesses and are keen to hear from anyone who had been travelling along the B1079 (Otley to Debenham road) and saw the motorcycle prior to, or when the collision happened.”
Calls should be made to Pc Danny Ormes at Suffolk Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 10 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed