Update: ITFC striker bailed after being arrested on suspicion of assaulting pub staff
INJURED Ipswich Town striker Paul Taylor has been bailed after police arrested him on suspicion of attacking bar staff at a town centre pub.
Two members of staff were left with broken bones after the alleged incident at the Robert Ransomes pub in the early hours.
A man, understood to be Taylor, and a woman were arrested following the alleged assault at the pub in Tower Street.
Police officers were called at around 12.15am on October 16 to the incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said one victim suffered a broken rib while the other was left with a fractured eye socket and broken finger.
A 25-year-old man from Ipswich and a 24-year-old woman from Liverpool were detained by police on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
They have been released on bail pending further inquiries. Both are due to return to police on January 16.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
Taylor signed for the Super Blues from Peterborough United for �1.5million.
He is out for the season after breaking his ankle durign the Wolves game – his third appearance for the club.
An ITFC spokesman told The Star: “We are aware of an alleged incident that took place in the town recently involving one of our players that is currently being investigated by the police.
“We are in communication with the police authorities over this matter but will be making no further comment at this stage. “