Update: Lorry driver arrested after crashing into house in Woolpit
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver has been arrested after crashing in to a brick wall and “badly” damaging a house in Suffolk, police have said.
The lorry remains “stuck on top of the brick wall” after the collision in The Street, near the Green Road junction, in Woolpit at 9.20am today, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
There were no injuries and the ambulance service was not contacted.
Police have closed a section of the road at the scene and have arrested the lorry driver, a 23-year-old man, on suspicion of careless driving. He has been taken to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “A lorry has crashed in to a brick wall which was connected to the house. The brick wall has fallen back in to the house, which was badly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The incident remains ongoing.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer