Update: Major fire in Wickhambrook under control but road set to be closed until midnight
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS have extinguished a large blaze which took hold of two properties in Wickhambrook, but police say the road leading to the area will be closed until at least midnight.
About 10 crews were mobilised to Malting End in Wickhambrook after the alarm was raised at 3.40pm on Wednesday.
The fire initially took hold of a two-storey building but it spread to the roof of a second property.
When the fire spread, firefighters used three jets to protect oil storage tanks.
UK Power networks and the Highways Agency were also called to the scene.
The fires were eventually brought under control at 6.27pm and crews remained on scene damping down.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home