Update: Man and woman die in collision between car and lorry on A143 in Great Barton
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman have died in a collision between a car and a lorry in Great Barton this morning.
Paramedics, police and the fire service were called to the scene, on the A143 near the junction with The Avenue, when the incident was reported at about 10.45am today.
Two people who were inside the car were pronounced dead on the scene. The male HGV driver did not suffer any injuries.
The lorry is understood be from Harleston in Norfolk, while the car is believed to be from Suffolk.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said a number of people are understood to have witnessed the collision but left the scene prior to the arrival of police, and officers are keen to hear from them.
You may also want to watch:
If you witnessed the collision, call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts