Update: Man found dead in flat in Lucas Road, Sudbury is believed to be in his 40s
- Credit: Archant
A man’s death is being treated as suspicious after his body was discovered at a flat in Sudbury.
Police were called by the ambulance service to the property in Lucas Road, Sudbury at approximately 10.30am this morning with a report that a man had been found deceased inside.
The man has not yet been formally identified, but is believed to be in his 40s.
Blocks of flats at the end of the cul-de-sac have been cordoned off while police carry out their enquiries.
The cordon is likely to remain in place throughout tomorrow.
Resident John McMillan, who has lived in Lucas Road for 18 months, described it as a “very trouble-free area”.
He added: “This is all a normal block of flats, with a complete mixture of people.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 3 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 4 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 5 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 8 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 9 Torquay sign two released Ipswich Town players
- 10 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
“A few years ago it had a very bad reputation, but it’s completely unjustified.”
A post-mortem examination will be carried out on the man tomorrow.
Police activity was focussed on a block of six flats at the far end of Lucas Road, although the cordon extends to a car park behind the block and an area behind the neighbouring, larger block.
Residents were being escorted in and out of their properties by police.
Anyone who has any information in relation to the man’s death is asked to contact the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team on 101, quoting CAD 129 of 14/7/14, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
For update on this, click here