Update: Man in 70s in hospital after serious crash between pedestrian and motorcycle in Wetherden
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a crash in Wetherden this morning.
Police were alerted at 7.49am to reports of a serious crash between a motorcyclist and a pedestrian in Elmswell Road.
Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service and the air ambulance were called after fears were raised that the pedestrian, a man in his 70s, had suffered serious head injuries.
While his head injuries were not as serious as first thought, a police spokesman said he had sustained “a potentially life-changing leg injury.”
He remains at West Suffolk Hospital where he is being treated.
The motorcyclist was also taken to hospital for a check up, after sustaining several minor injuries.
The road had been closed at the Kate’s Lane junction while emergency services while an investigation took place this morning, but has now re-opened.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 7 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 10 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact police on 101, quoting reference CAD 54 of September 11.