Update: Man in critical condition following collision in Wivenhoe
- Credit: Archant
THE Essex Air Ambulance was called to a serious accident in which two people were taken to hospital.
Fire crews from Colchester and Wivenhoe were called to Brightlingsea Road, Wivenhoe, at about 3.10pm on Friday.
Ambulance crews worked with medics from the Essex Air Ambulance critical care team to free a trapped man.
The collision involved blue BMW 325i and a silver Vauxhall Zafira on the B1027 Brightlingsea Road.
Both drivers were taken to Colchester General Hospital. The driver of the BMW, a local man aged 64, suffered serious injuries as a result of the collision and remains in a critical condition. The female driver of the Vauxhall received less serious injuries.
The road was closed for several hours while police carried out an investigation.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about events leading to the collision should contact Pc Jonathan Ward at Stanway road policing office on 101 or email email@example.com
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Matchday Live: Outrageous Celina puts Town two up
- 6 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries