Update: Man is arrested and another has serious injuries after BMW collides with Kings Arms pub in Lawford
- Credit: Vivien Edwards
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a car crashed into a pub in Lawford, Essex.
Police were called by the fire brigade to Wignall Street at about 5.15am this morning following reports that a man was trapped in a car which had collided with the wall of the Kings Arms pub.
A man was later released from the car, a black BMW convertible, and he was taken to Ipswich Hospital with serious injuries.
A 26-year-old man of no fixed address was later stopped by police at Manningtree. He was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and remains in custody.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about the car’s movements earlier in the night, should contact Pc Darrin Lee at Stanway on 101.
You may also want to watch:
A structural engineer and the electricity board were called to assess the damage to the building and the telegraph pole.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away