Update: Man who died after being found seriously ill in graveyard identified
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A 73-YEAR-OLD man who died in hospital after being found seriously ill in a graveyard in north Essex has been identified.
Church-goers and dog walkers spotted the unconscious man next to The Church of St Lawrence on Church Hill in Rowhedge, near Colchester, at 9am yesterday.
Officers and paramedics were called and the man was taken to Colchester General Hospital, but he died shortly after he arrived.
Part of Church Hill was cordoned off for about four hours while police conducted house-to-house inquiries and examined CCTV images.
But an Essex police spokesman last night said: “He was reported missing by his family who lived locally and it has been established that he was a 73-year-old who lived in the village.
“The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for HM Coroner.”
To help, call police on 101.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 7 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking