Update: Man who died in three-vehicle crash near Mildenhall is named as David John Rolfe
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a three-vehicle crash in the morning rush hour in Suffolk.
A man in his 70s who died in a three-vehicle collision this morning in West Row has been named by police.
David John Rolfe was driving a blue Toyota which was involved in a collision with a red Peugeot and a white Mazda just before 8am yesterday in West Row Road, just outside Gate 11 of RAF Mildenhall.
The ambulance service attended, but Mr Rolfe, 75, from Mildenhall, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The female driver of the Peugeot, aged in her 40s, was trapped and extracted from the vehicle by the fire service. She currently remains in West Suffolk Hospital being treated for back and chest injuries.
The female driver of the Mazda has been treated for shock.
The road was closed while officers gathered information as part of a collision investigation and recovery of the vehicles took place.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 3 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 4 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 5 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 6 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 7 ‘I think we sell one of the best Sunday roasts in Suffolk,’ says landlord
- 8 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 9 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 10 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
It re-opened at about 1.20pm.
Anyone witnesses to the incident are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.