Update: Man who died in three-vehicle crash near Mildenhall is named as David John Rolfe
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a three-vehicle crash in the morning rush hour in Suffolk.
A man in his 70s who died in a three-vehicle collision this morning in West Row has been named by police.
David John Rolfe was driving a blue Toyota which was involved in a collision with a red Peugeot and a white Mazda just before 8am yesterday in West Row Road, just outside Gate 11 of RAF Mildenhall.
The ambulance service attended, but Mr Rolfe, 75, from Mildenhall, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The female driver of the Peugeot, aged in her 40s, was trapped and extracted from the vehicle by the fire service. She currently remains in West Suffolk Hospital being treated for back and chest injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The female driver of the Mazda has been treated for shock.
The road was closed while officers gathered information as part of a collision investigation and recovery of the vehicles took place.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
It re-opened at about 1.20pm.
Anyone witnesses to the incident are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.