Update: Milkman spots fire at new pottery barn in Stonham Barns
- Credit: Archant
A milkman on his rounds helped to prevent a fire spreading through a pottery barn at a Suffolk tourist attraction.
Crews got the call at around 6.30am to Stonham Barns, near Stowmarket.
By the time the two appliances arrived the fire was “rapidly escalating” and with limited water available, a further couple of engines were tasked.
The business involved, Carters Ceramic Designs, had just moved from its old base in Debenham to the retail and leisure complex around a week ago.
Breathing apparatus were used to get close to the blaze with two gets applied to extinguish it.
The building which is around 10m x 30m was confined to about half of the pottery.
Firefighters were expected to remain on scene until mid morning.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 3 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 4 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 5 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 6 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 7 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 8 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 9 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
- 10 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
Engineers had been due to install phone and broadband services at the new business.