Update: Milkman spots fire at new pottery barn in Stonham Barns
- Credit: Archant
A milkman on his rounds helped to prevent a fire spreading through a pottery barn at a Suffolk tourist attraction.
Crews got the call at around 6.30am to Stonham Barns, near Stowmarket.
By the time the two appliances arrived the fire was “rapidly escalating” and with limited water available, a further couple of engines were tasked.
The business involved, Carters Ceramic Designs, had just moved from its old base in Debenham to the retail and leisure complex around a week ago.
Breathing apparatus were used to get close to the blaze with two gets applied to extinguish it.
You may also want to watch:
The building which is around 10m x 30m was confined to about half of the pottery.
Firefighters were expected to remain on scene until mid morning.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
Engineers had been due to install phone and broadband services at the new business.