Update: Missing 24-year-old Bredfield man found following traffic collision in Henley
- Credit: Su Anderson
Police have found a man who had gone missing after a road traffic collision between a car and a tree in Ashbocking Road, Henley on Thursday night.
Police were called to reports of a collision around 10.30pm on Thursday in Ashbocking Road, Henley, where a Citroen Xsara Picasso had collided with a tree and overturned.
Nicholas Rayner, 24, from Bredfield was reported missing following the collision, but returned home this morning.
Chris Balmer, who was driving home along the road when he encountered the scene said: “The car was absolutely wrapped round the tree upside down, it was totalled.
“It’s hard to believe that someone got out of it.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “He had blood on his hands and trousers from where he had climbed out of the car but didn’t seem to be injured, but he was in a pretty bad shaken up way.”
Police conducted an extensive search of the area with the police helicopter last night after the man had gone missing.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
Paramedics had initially been concerned he may have suffered serious injuries, but a police spokesperson confirmed this morning his injuries were not serious.