Update: Morning of delays on A14 around Ipswich as lorry becomes stuck on grass-verge
- Credit: Archant
The A14 has re-opened after work to recover a lorry which had come off the road and become stuck on a grass-verge was completed.
Police were called at about 7.40am after an Eddie Stobart lorry become lodged between the slip-road and the A14 at about at the Sproughton turn-off.
The road was closed at about 9am at the Bury Road junction and diversions were in place.
Drivers between that junction and Sproughton experienced long delays before it was re-opened at about 9.30am.
There have been several other incidents on the A14 this morning. At about 8.50am officers attended a two-vehicle accident on the A14 at Wherstead.
You may also want to watch:
A force spokeswoman said the crash, also in the Felixstowe-bound direction, had involved a black Mercedes and a Honda Civic. No-one has been reported injured with officers leaving the scene at 9.45am.
Motorists also faced delays as three vehicles broke down in separate incidents between the junctions for Claydon and Whitehouse.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
On the A12 police are advising caution between the roundabouts for Foxhall and Seven Hills as diesel is being cleared from the road.