Update: Motorcyclist dies after crash with car in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A motorcyclist has died after a crash with a car in Lowestoft.
The collision, which involved a motorcycle and a Ford Focus, happened in Tom Crisp Way at 11.36am.
Emergency services, including Suffolk police, East of England Ambulance Service and East Anglian Air Ambulance, were mobilised to the scene.
Attempts were made to the save the life of the motorcyclist, believed to be a man in his 20s, but he died at the scene.
The road remains closed in both directions between A12 Horn Hill and Blackheath Road while a full investigation gets underway.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting