Update: Motorcyclist dies after three-vehicle crash on B1078 in Otley
- Credit: Su Anderson
A male motorcyclist died after a road crash in Otley yesterday afternoon.
Police closed the B1078 Otley to Ashbocking Road following the accident involving two motorcycles and a car at about 12.15pm.
Police and the ambulance service were in attendance and confirmed the motorcyclist, aged in his 20s or 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A section of the road between the Swilland and Ashbocking junctions was closed while an investigation took place.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said two ambulances, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were all sent to the scene after receiving a call from a member of the public around 12.15pm reporting that there had been a serious collision. They found two motorcycles and a car at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The other motorcyclist involved was uninjured with the two occupants from the car taken to Ipswich Hospital with minor injuries.”
Motorists are advised to avoid the area while the road remains closed and any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting CAD 183 of 29/7/14.
The man who died has been named as Michael Ambrose, 29, of Kesgrave. More here.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 9 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire