Update: Multiple vehicles involved in crash on road near Copdock
- Credit: Archant
Just before 8am police were called to a road crash on the A12 close to Ipswich.
A member of the public told police what had happened and said they believed no-one had been injured.
Motorists moved their cars to the side of the carriageway to allow officers to get to the crash scene.
A police spokeswoman said three vehicles had been involved, although originally it was reported as four, and one lane was closed.
The crash is on the road near the Copdock Interchange, in the Ipswich-bound direction and follows two lorries which broke down in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Giving an update on the situation, a force spokesman said the crash had involved a Citroen DS, a Renault Scenic and a Volkswagen Golf.
He added: “No-one is believed to have been injured and recovery is due to clear away one of the vehicles. Traffic is being reported to be backing up.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash