Update: No further action for man arrested in connection with attempted sexual assault in East Bergholt
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in relation to an attempted sexual assault on a teenager in a village on the Suffolk/Essex border will face no further action, police have said.
The man, 20, was arrested this morning and taken to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning in relation to the incident in East Bergholt.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman has confirmed he will face no further police action in connection with the incident.
Police continue to appeal for information following the attempted sexual assault.
At around 5pm on Tuesday, a 15-year-old girl was walking past the Hare and Hounds pub in Chaplin Road when she saw a man resting against the fence at the road junction.
He tried to speak to the girl, but she ignored him and continued to walk on. The man then grabbed her wrist and pulled her into some nearby bushes, where he exposed himself. The man made sexual comments and tried to force himself upon the girl, who then managed to run away.
The offender is described as a white man, in his 20s, with blonde short spiked hair, dark coloured eyebrows and a stubble. He was wearing skinny-fit light blue jeans and a grey hooded top.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 3 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 Torquay sign two released Ipswich Town players
- 9 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 10 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
Call police with information on 101.