Man in critical condition in hospital following collision in Leavenheath
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk police are appealing for witnesses after a collision in Leavenheath yesterday.
Officers were called at 1.35pm on May 3 to reports of a collision between a car and a motorbike on the A134.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, sustained head, spine and neck injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by Essex and Herts Air Ambulance where he remains in a critical condition.
A road closure was put in place between Stoke Road in Leavenheath and Bear Lane in Nayland while police and emergency services were at the scene.
Traffic was diverted through Stoke by Nayland during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who may have information about the manner of driving of either of the vehicles beforehand.
Anyone with any information about the collision should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting incident number 189 of May 3.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years