Update: One man arrested after another sustains arm injury in Ipswich
A 30-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested following an incident in Chevallier Street/Norwich Road, Ipswich last night.
Police were called just after 7.30pm by the ambulance service who asked that officers attend an address in Chevallier Street after a 28-year-old man sustained an injury to his arm.
Ambulance personnel reported that the man may have been stabbed.
Officers attended and a police cordon was put in place around Norwich Court, a property on the corner of Norwich Road and Chevallier Street.
Officers have arrested the 30-year-old man in connection with the incident. He is currently in custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he will be interviewed by officers.
The 28-year-old sustained a cut to his arm that was several inches long and will require hospital treatment.
Police are at the scene and an investigation into exactly what happened is underway.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Ipswich CID on 101.