Update: Orwell Bridge has been re-opened after closure due to strong winds
- Credit: Archant
The Orwell Bridge was shut due to gales as forecasters predict more wind and rain today.
Diversions were in place for travellers trying to cross the bridge near Ipswich this morning.
The bridge was closed in both directions - a diversion for Felixstowe-bound traffic was in place between Copdock and Nacton with vehicles headed towards Bury St Edmunds coming off between Nacton and Wherstead.
Rail operator Greater Anglia is cancelling trains at short notice due to the blustery conditions.
This morning some trains between Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds and Norwich and London Liverpool Streets have been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
For an up-to-date list go to www.journeycheck.com/greater anglia.
Flood alerts are in place for the River Wid from Ingatestone to, and including Writtle and the River Can at Chelmsford.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
The River Deben from, and including Debenham to Bromeswell and the River Lark from Clopton to Martlesham also has been issued a flood alert.