Update: Orwell Bridge has been re-opened after closure due to strong winds
- Credit: Archant
The Orwell Bridge was shut due to gales as forecasters predict more wind and rain today.
Diversions were in place for travellers trying to cross the bridge near Ipswich this morning.
The bridge was closed in both directions - a diversion for Felixstowe-bound traffic was in place between Copdock and Nacton with vehicles headed towards Bury St Edmunds coming off between Nacton and Wherstead.
Rail operator Greater Anglia is cancelling trains at short notice due to the blustery conditions.
This morning some trains between Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds and Norwich and London Liverpool Streets have been cancelled.
For an up-to-date list go to www.journeycheck.com/greater anglia.
Flood alerts are in place for the River Wid from Ingatestone to, and including Writtle and the River Can at Chelmsford.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 2 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 5 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 6 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 7 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 8 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 9 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 10 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
The River Deben from, and including Debenham to Bromeswell and the River Lark from Clopton to Martlesham also has been issued a flood alert.