Update: Orwell Bridge in Ipswich open after earlier road traffic collision involving car and lorry
- Credit: citizenside.com
The A14 Orwell bridge in Ipswich has re-opened following a road traffic collision this morning.
Police were called at around 9.15am to the A14 heading westbound to reports of a collision involving a lorry and a blue Toyota Corolla.
Both carriageways were blocked with one vehicle in the central reservation.
There are not thought to be any injuries, although another one or two vehicles may also have been involved.
Highways Maintenance have been called to damage to the crash barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic had been queued between junction 57 for Nacton and 56 for Wherstead, but the road was re-opened by 10.30am.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published