Update: Police and firefighters called to car park after car explosion in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
People were advised to keep clear of a car park in Bungay after a car fire caused an explosion.
An area around the incident, at the Popson Street car park, was cordoned off while police and firefighters dealt with the incident.
The emergency services were called to the scene at about 11.50am.
An appliance from Harleston, Norfolk was initially sent to the car fire. While they were en route control were advised the fire had spread to a building and sent a second appliance from Beccles.
When appliances arrived they found that cylinders and chemicals were involved.
You may also want to watch:
A further appliance from Lowestoft South was sent. A call requesting a third appliance for additional water supply was received, and an appliance from Halesworth was sent.
The fire was brought under control by about 12.25pm using two breathing apparatus, one jet and one ground monitor.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
Crews returned to base by 2.35pm.