Update: Police appeal for witnesses after man died when car crashed into garden wall in Barningham
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man died when the car he was driving crashed into a garden wall in north Suffolk.
The man, believed to be in his 50s, died in hospital after the incident involving a silver MG in Barningham, near Thetford, today.
Police and paramedics were called to the incident in Hopton Road, near to the junction with Sandy Lane, at around 1.35pm.
The man was in a critical condition and was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by land ambulance, but later died, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
His next of kin have been informed. It is understood they are at the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The force spokesman confirmed the car the man was driving was involved in a collision with a garden wall.
Officers from the road death investigation unit are carrying out inquiries into the incident.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
Police would like to hear from anyone who had seen the car travelling along the B1111 either prior to or when the collision happened.
Calls should be made to Sgt Ben Hollands at Bury St Edmunds Roads Policing and Firearms Operations Unit on 101.