Update: Police appeal for witnesses after man died when car crashed into garden wall in Barningham
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man died when the car he was driving crashed into a garden wall in north Suffolk.
The man, believed to be in his 50s, died in hospital after the incident involving a silver MG in Barningham, near Thetford, today.
Police and paramedics were called to the incident in Hopton Road, near to the junction with Sandy Lane, at around 1.35pm.
The man was in a critical condition and was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by land ambulance, but later died, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
His next of kin have been informed. It is understood they are at the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The force spokesman confirmed the car the man was driving was involved in a collision with a garden wall.
Officers from the road death investigation unit are carrying out inquiries into the incident.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
Police would like to hear from anyone who had seen the car travelling along the B1111 either prior to or when the collision happened.
Calls should be made to Sgt Ben Hollands at Bury St Edmunds Roads Policing and Firearms Operations Unit on 101.