UPDATE: Police charge 42-year-old Scott Ellis from Tunstall Green with murder of Jane Bartholomew, 39, from Lark Rise in Martlesham Heath
Police have charged a man with the murder of a woman from Martlesham Heath.
Jane Bartholomew, who was 39 years old, was found dead at her home in Lark Rise by police on Friday night after concerns were raised for her welfare. A post mortem examination has confirmed that Jane died as a result of significant head injuries.
Earlier on Friday evening, at around 6.35pm, police went to Tunstall Green near Woodbridge after the ambulance service reported treating a man with injuries to his wrists.
The man was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment but was arrested after the discovery of Ms Bartholomew’s body.
Police last night charged 42-year-old Scott Ellis from Tunstall Green, Tunstall near Woodbridge with murder.
You may also want to watch:
Ellis will remain in custody at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre and appear before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
Neighbours of Ms Bartholomew have spoken of their shock and devastation at the news.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
It is believed the woman’s parents live in the US, and she has three young daughters.
One man, who did not wish to be named, described her as, “very friendly, always laughing, always said hello to us. I just saw her about a week ago and she was ever so friendly.”
He added: “It’s ridiculous. It’s horrible, terrible. Of course her parents are in America, they’ll have to come back. You can’t think about it, it’s horrible.”
His wife said: “I feel really devastated, I just can’t believe it, a lovely girl like that, terrible.”
Robert Smith, who lived opposite the house which was cordoned off with police tape, said: “I was here last night but I only actually found out about it this morning. I heard the police sirens and stuff like that; I thought perhaps it’s just a domestic issue so I didn’t actually come out.
“I’m really shocked to be honest; up here it’s unheard of really.”
Both the address in Lark Rise, Martlesham Heath, and the one in Tunstall Green near Woodbridge, remain cordoned off while investigations continue.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 503 of 13/6/14.