Update: Police investigating stab incident in Haverhill appeal for witnesses
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a stabbing incident in Haverhill last night are appealing for information about an altercation that occurred in Harrow Road earlier in the evening.
At around 10.55pm last night Suffolk Police were made aware of a man, aged in his thirties, who had presented himself at Addenbrooke’s Hospital with stab wounds.
A spokesman said: “The incident is believed to have occurred between 9.30pm and 10pm and was originally thought to have happened in the vicinity of a toilet block within the Recreation Ground, near to Camps Road. “However, following enquiries this morning police believe it may be linked to a report of an altercation in a car park in Harrow Road.
“Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed an altercation or has any details in relation to an incident in Harrow Road during these times.”
Three scenes still remain in place today at the Recreation Ground, Montfort Court and Harrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
The victim remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition though his injuries are no longer thought to be life threatening.
If anyone has information they think may assist police in their investigation they are asked to get in contact immediately on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder