Update: Police reassure residents after shots fired in Colchester
DETECTIVES investigating a firearms incident in Colchester in the early hours of Saturday morning have charged two men with attempted murder.
Dean Edwards, 38, of Convent Close, Braintree, and Michael Cooper, 40, of Russell Road, Clacton, were arrested following the shooting at the TP Sports Bar in Queen Street.
Damage was caused to the wall of the bar by what police believe to be three shots from a firearm.
Edwards and Cooper have been charged with attempted murder and possession of a firearm, while Edwards was additionally charged with criminal damage to a telephone while in custody.
They will appear at Chelmsford Magistrates Court tomorrow morning.
You may also want to watch:
The shots which hit the wall of the Queen Street bar were in the vicinity of a member of security working on the door.
No one was injured. A search is continuing for the weapon.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
Any witnesses can contact police on 101.