Update: Police search for distressed and partially clothed woman seen wandering near the A12 in Blythburgh
- Credit: Archant
Several motorists on the A12 have reported seeing a “distressed” woman running along a field near Blythburgh.
Police are now asking for help to trace her as they are “very concerned” for her welfare.
The first sighting of the woman, who was described as partially clothed, was at 1.50am this morning.
A man said he had been driving along the southbound carriageway at Blythburgh ten minutes earlier and had seen the woman in “a distressed state”.
Since then police have received three similar calls about the woman.
You may also want to watch:
They took the first caller back to the scene to identify it and have searched the area with officers and a dog but the woman has not been found.
Police are continuing the search for the woman and any sign of discarded clothing. They are also carrying out other enquiries in order to ensure the woman is safe and well.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
Operational co-ordinator Inspector Ant Bridgland said: “There is a possibility that this woman was in distress which is why we are keen to find her and establish the circumstances surrounding this morning’s sightings.
“We want people to contact us with any further sightings of her, but also appeal for the woman herself to contact us.”
Due to the time of night, police have no detailed description of the woman or the clothing she was wearing, except that she was white and partially-clothed.
The woman or anyone who knows of her whereabouts is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD 31.