Update: Power restored to homes in Halesworth after power cut
- Credit: Archant
A power cut earlier this evening affected nearly 500 homes in Halesworth.
The power outage has affected homes and businesses in the town, including the train station.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “UK Power Networks engineers are working as quickly as possible to restore electricity supplies to 478 customers in Halesworth.
“A fault on the electricity network interrupted power supplies in the Holton Road area at 4.37pm.
“We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing and we are working to reconnect power supplies.”
A spokesman for Abellio Greater Anglia tweeted: “There is no lighting at Halesworth station due to a domestic power cut. Please take care.”
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said engineers returned electricity supplies to everyone in Halesworth by 7.10pm.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
They added: “We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused this evening.”