Update: Raiders steal cash machine in overnight robbery
POLICE are appealing for information following an attempted burglary in Needham Market in the early hours of this morning.
At about 3.30am a JCB was driven into the cashpoint in the wall of Barlcays Bank.
The incident happened on Barretts Lane, where the ATM was located.
The suspect, described as a white male wearing a baseball cap, then left the area in the vehicle, driving along Barretts Lane. The JCB was later recovered abandoned in a field.
Officers are currently at the scene and Barretts Lane is closed.
Anyone who saw the incident or who may have any information is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101, or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia