Update: Roads closed due to flooding
MOTORISTS are being warned to drive with care due to widespread flooding on the county’s roads following heavy rainfall.
Police say a large number of roads are affected and advise drivers to approach with care.
This morning, two water incident vehicles and one fire engine from Princes Street were called to a person marooned in their car in water on Playford Road, Ipswich.
Crews arrived at 9am and rescued one female from their car.
Firefighters were called to another incident of marooning just off the B1066 at Somerton at 11.45am.
Crews rescued the woman at 12.20pm.
Elsewhere, one lane on the A14 westbound in Ipswich has been closed and a diversion has been put in place at the Copdock interchange.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 5 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 6 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 7 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 8 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 9 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
The A143 in Stradishall has been closed in both directions around the B1063 junction, while drivers are being warned to approach the A14 in Stowmarket with care due to surface water on the road.