Update: “Serious” accident near American bases RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Police are still at the scene of a “serious” accident with reports of “life-changing” injuries near two American military bases in west Suffolk.
Officers were called just after 6.45pm to Wangford Road, near RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath.
Two vehicles - a green Jeep Wrangler and a blue Mercedes C240 - had crashed.
A force spokesman said the female driver of the Jeep had suffered a “serious” leg injuries which could be “life-changing”. The male driver of the Mercedes has suffered “minor injuries”. Both have been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Doctors are carrying out tests to assess how serious the woman’s injuries are.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that both had been conscious throughout the accident.
Fire and ambulance services have also been at the scene. Police have closed the road and setup diversions.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam