Update: Services now running between Ipswich and Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
Services between Ipswich and Felixstowe have resumed following this morning’s cancellations as a consequence of yesterday’s over-running engineering works, however there is still disruption in the region.
Disruption to the services was expected until 4pm today.
The disruption was due to severe congestion being caused by a number of delayed freight trains running to and from Felixstowe docks.
The 9.58am Ipswich to Felixstowe service and the 10.28am Felixstowe to Ipswich services were the last of the trains to be cancelled.
The 6.04am, 7.14am and 8.25am Ipswich to Felixstowe service and the 6.36am, 7.47am and 8.54am service from Felixstowe to Ipswich service had already been cancelled. A replacement bus service was running for passengers, calling at Ipswich, Derby Road and Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
An Abellio Greater Anglia spokesman thanked customers for their patience and understanding while the problem was resolved and added: “We would like to apologise to customers using our Ipswich to Felixstowe route for the current suspension of the service.
“Ipswich to Felixstowe services will be operated by a replacement bus service until 4pm today as a result of line congestion caused by a backlog of freight services following yesterday’s overrunning engineering works in the Ipswich area.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
Other trains that have been cancelled include the 7.44am Saxmundham to Lowestoft service, 7.45am Ipswich to Saxmundham service, and the 10.07am Lowestoft to Ipswich service.
The 11.01am, 12.01pm and 1.01pm Marks Tey to Sudbury services and the 11.26am, 12.26pm and 1.26pm Sudbury to Marks Tey services have also been cancelled, due to a train running out of fuel.
Disruption is expected until 2pm.
The Abellio Greater Anglia website says: “Following on from yesterdays problems with the over running engineering works at Ipswich, the diesel train on the Marks Tey to Sudbury line was unable to return to the depot last night ,at Norwich, to be refuelled.
“As a consequence, a number of trains will be cancelled between Marks Tey and Sudbury, to ensure the train has enough fuel to continue until close of service tonight.
“A rail replacement bus, operated by Panther Travel, will run instead of the cancelled trains.”