Update: Shop owner speaks out after staff tasered during attempted robbery in Pick ‘N’ Pay shop
A GANG of men are today wanted by police after an attempted robbery in Ipswich.
Two members of staff were attacked with a taser-type weapon as they closed up at the Pick ‘N’ Pay shop in Queens Way, off Nacton Road.
The would-be thieves struck at around 10.30pm yesterday as staff were closing up.
As they stood outside the shop, they spotted four youths heading in their direction from the Shackleton Road area.
The men demanded money from them and assaulted one of them with a baseball bat. Another member of staff was attacked with an item, which is believed to be a taser-like device.
You may also want to watch:
No money was taken and all four men made off in the direction of Shackleton Road.
Shop owner Prashant Shah said: “We could see them coming from a way off but there are always people in the area late so didn’t think much of it.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
“We were closing up when it happened.
“After we ran inside the shop they ran off.”
Police and paramedics attended the scene. The staff members were treated for minor injuries, scratches and bruises.
Officers investigating would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and saw the four men.
They are described as in the late teens and of slim build. They were all wearing hooded tops – three in dark colours and one light colour top.
Two of the men wore masks, one was described as a smiley face. The fourth man did not have a mask and was of Asian appearance.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
– For the full story see tomorrow’s Ipswich Star.