Update: Six fire crews tackle “huge” field blaze in Copford
FIREFIGHTERS are currently tackling a “huge” fire involving three fields in Essex.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service were alerted to the fire at Mascotts Farm in School Road, Copford, at 3.25pm.
Three fields are alight along with hedgerows covering an area of around 50 hectares.
Two appliances from Colchester and Halstead have joined crews from Tiptree and Witham along with the Pinzgauer from Manningtee and the service’s command support unit at the scene near to the A12.
Firefighters are using beaters and back pack sprayers to extinguish the flames while the specialist off-road Pinzgauer is also being used.
You may also want to watch:
A water bowser, requested from Suffolk, has been turned back as the incident commander said progress is being made and the flames are almost out.
It is unknown at this stage what caused the fire.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster