Update: Stratford station re-open after security alert this morning
- Credit: Archant
Stratford station is re-open again after a security alert forced it to close shortly after 10am. Trains due to stop at the station continued through without stopping.
The station was open again shortly after emergency services and Network Rail investigated the issue.
Rail users have been suffering from delays all morning on Abellio Greater Anglia rail services to and from London Liverpool Street, due to track defects at Manor Park and a signal failure at White Notley.
The track problem affected services between Liverpool Street and Shenfield, including services from Norwich, Ipswich, Clacton and Braintree.
Trains continuedg at a restricted speed across the problem part of the track, but short notice alterations, but caused delays and alterations of up to 20 minutes. Trains are now returning to normal speed on the line.
You may also want to watch:
London Underground services, route 25 and 86 Transport for London buses, and some C2C trains are accepting Greater Anglia rail tickets for those who suffered from the problem.
Network rail engineers fixed the problem by the middle of the morning, but left some services delayed by up to 15 minutes.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 9 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
A seperate signalling fault at White Notley caused trains between Liverpool Street and Braintree to be cancelled, altered or delayed up to 15 minutes at short notice in both directions.
Trains ran at a reduced speed as a result of the problem.
A points failure at Romford caused train delays earlier this morning on routes from Ipswich and Norwich to London Liverpool Street.
The failure took place shortly after 6am but was repaired by 7am, causing delays of around 25 minutes due to use of the slower line.
Rail users can find information on Abellio greater Anglia’s delay repayment policy at http://www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/about-us/our-performance/delay-repay.