Update: Teenage girl gets injured stuck in mud in Maldon
- Credit: citizenside.com
A teenage girl was injured after getting stuck in mud near a quay wall.
Fire crews from Maldon and Colchester were called to The Hythe Quay, Maldon, at about 1.15pm.
Firefighters rescued the girl who was about seven metres from the quay wall.
The incident commander reported the girl had sustained an injury to her leg and was standing on a pallet.
Thames Coastguard was also tasked to the accident along with the RAF search and rescue helicopter from Wattisham.
You may also want to watch:
The helicopter crew lowered a paramedic to the ground to assess the patient.
She was later taken to hospital via land ambulance as her injuries were not serious enough to be airlifted.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn