Update: Teenager released without charge after knifepoint raid of Spar in St Osyth
DETECTIVES are continuing to investigate the circumstances around an armed robbery at a convenience store in St Osyth.
The attack happened at the Spar store in Spring Road around 9pm on Thursday when a young man or boy entered the store, threatened staff with a knife and stole a three-figure sum of cash.
A 15-year-old boy, from the Clacton area, was arrested on Thursday night but has since been released without charge.
Investigating Officer, Dc Daniel Jefferies, said: “The knife is described as being a general kitchen knife which is approximately six inches in length. As well as witnesses to the robbery and those who can help identify the attacker, we’re also keen to hear from people who may find any discarded knife in the area.”
“The assailant is described as white, of slim build, approximately 5ft 8ins tall and at the time was wearing dark trousers, a dark-grey turtle-neck jumper with a black hoodie underneath and a black balaclava.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this robbery is urged to contact detectives at Clacton police station on 101.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash